March 26, 2019
Everyone needs furniture but only a few furniture stores succeed. There is no single formula that can be applied to furniture businesses equally. For good offer value, you have to know and understand the market in which you set up your store. Understand their needs, desires, and aspirations. This understanding will guide and inform you about the merchandising, advertising and pricing. Indoor wicker furniture for sale is the option for gaining high profits.
You need to have a deep understanding for the product you are selling. The value of the product never goes out of style whether times are tough or whether there is a boom.
1. Customer services: As part of the offering value outstanding customer service is critical. The experience of the customers in your store counts for as much as they buy. Always hire people who reflect your values, and who treat your customer as you would have treated.
2. Know your market: Always target your advertising to your customer’s needs. Try to emphasize your strengths and never misrepresent them. Inform your customers if you are offering a free service or item. Besides the discounts, offering something free can also attract customers in. For example free delivery. Your advertising must be more concentrated. Advertise the reality of your store and you must have quality furniture to back your store advertisement.
3. Quality of the furniture: Presence of quality furniture and other home furnishings will earn you respect and the reputation for reliability in the eyes of your customers. Check what you carry in your store with what the customer wants. Regularly monitor customer complaints about the furniture you carry, as this feedback will give you a good idea of what the customer does not want. Refresh and update the items in your store.
4. Offer choices: Presence of unique accessories of your furniture that complement directly with your furniture mainstays is always beneficial. Exciting floor display by arranging vignettes is always a good idea.
5. Having a trained sales team conveys confidence in your products and company. Your team members should have strong product knowledge and understand the different price points. They should be aware of where your advertised items are located, and the price you are offering. They should be able to engage the customer in a dialogue to ascertain their needs and understand their preferences. Good listening and interpretation skills are very important.
Customers appreciate a salesperson that helps them. This approach also helps in establishing long-term relationships and gain customer loyalty. Customer loyalty translates into future sales and creating a favourable word of mouth buzz. Your sales team should act as catalysts in helping customers find what they need.
6. Show respect towards your customers by offering real value. Offering a low price is not enough. Never over-promise to your customer.
7. Appearances also matter and reflect your company, which is why your sales team should always be appropriately groomed. They should depict an approachable and pleasant face to the world. Your entire workforce including delivery, warehouse and office staff should understand the principles of good customer service to prevent losing the sales that your sales team worked so hard to get. Communicate clearly and answer any questions promptly.
These are some key points to succeed in the furniture business. These do not represent all the parameters but are just the glimpse of the tip of an entire iceberg.